Dear Sydney,
You are nearing the 6-month mark and I am constantly astounded by both your girth and seemingly endless supply of smiles and good will. You are the most charming small person I have ever met in my life. Every morning when I go in to get you from your crib, you greet me with the widest, face-cracking smile that showcases your two razor sharp teeth and, without fail, it melts my heart. Any grumpiness I have at getting up is immediately evaporated by the sheer wattage of your grins. And they are all for me.
You are a voracious eater and will consume large quantities of cereal and fruits, of which you have turned down none. You aren't particularly fond of peas, but you will devour any other vegetable with glee. When we eat, you focus your attention on what we're doing with laser-accuracy, eager, I'm sure to join in on the deliciousness that is my cooking. (Except for last night, when for some reason I decided to BROIL FISH and we can all agree now that was a BIG MISTAKE. PU.)
You are very much in love with your brother, and will cry when he is (inevitably) crying. You share both his victories and defeats, and with this albeit adorable camaraderie comes a lot of DUAL CRYING--I cannot get on-board with that. I am enjoying this pure and symbiotic relationship while it lasts, because I foresee some dark ahead as soon as soon as you start crawling. I predict that you will do this with lightening speed (you are very coordinated already!) and directly towards all of Jack's stuff, which, let's face it, is pretty much everywhere. I hope you have a hard skull my little chubby friend, and a lot of patience, because that one is his own whirlwind of terror these days.
You were introduced to the bouncy-seat this week, and it is apparently the best thing that has ever happened to you (besides being "borned"). You love to bounce-bounce-bounce ad infinitum, and I usually have to take you out of the seat before you have tired of it because, if left to your own devices, you would bounce to China.
I love you so much little butter bean. You have redeemed all babies everywhere, and I have some awesome guns now due to carrying your enormous ass around. All I have to do is picture your little fuzzy-peach head, gummy smile, and sparkling blue eyes and I forget every worry or care I've ever had. You are my excuse to be endlessly cheesy and doting, and I am taking full advantage! I love you bubba-loop!
Love,
Mama
Friday, March 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment