Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Conception

Jack has been expressing more and more interest in the origins of human life. While I'm tempted to sign him up for a biology class at Wake Tech, I've resorted to sharing my knowledge...in child's terms, which I prefer to use anyway...because it's funny. Jack comes up with a lot of his own generalized answers, which I haven't corrected because they're all sorta right anyway.

We've covered the bases ("inside-out penises"), and where babies grow ("girls have a guest room in their belly"), why mommies nurse ("you have holes in your chest and the milk you drink falls out nice and warm...because babies don't like cold milk"), and why men don't ("my nipples are for decoration").

Tonight, as part of the ongoing discussion, Jack explained to me where babies come from originally--as Sydney crawled all over both of us on the couch. "Actually, I'm pretty sure that babies come from a factory."

"Really?" I said, eager to hear his new line of thinking.

"Yep. And I'm pretty sure it's the same place they make sausage."

No comments:

Post a Comment