Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Life Of Sydney

I can't believe that my little Cheeto is about to turn three.  THREE.  I can't believe I've kept her alive this long given her propensity to make people want to choke her.

She is an amazingly verbose child and has so many budding talents already at two, I can't imagine what the next year holds in store for us.  She's really good at memorizing songs...she can hear a song just once and pick up half (or more) of the lyrics.  She can sing many songs by heart, and is almost always on key!  This astounds me as I still work to achieve this feat myself.  Her favorites are "Kerry" Perry's The One That Got Away and Do-Re-Mi.  She also knows Ke$ha's This Place About To Blow (which, while cringe-worthy, has inspired some of the most amazing dance moves by both children).  The Teddy Bear Picnic and Que Sera are her favorite bedtime songs.  She recently heard Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics and fell in love with it.  I remember distinctly hearing that song in the car as a 5-year old and being entranced.  I instantly assumed it was about bullying, which is hilarious to me now.  What is even more hilarious is hearing Sydney sing it to herself as she drags her babydoll around the house: "...some of them want to 'buse you...some of them want to beat up you!"

Syddles also has some very distinct catch phrases and still hilariously mispronounces words.  Here are a few that we love:

"Hey there BOOTIE-BUTT!"
"Wait...I'm a good girl!"
"Give me some jetty beans."
"I DO need a napkin!"

Crash can (trash can)
Trench tries (french fries)
Horky-horky (okey-dokey)
Ca$ha (Ke$ha)




No comments:

Post a Comment