Monday, February 25, 2019

My Belly Means I Love You!


We recently engaged the services of a dog trainer, as LuLu needed some instruction. (And apparently Dan a little bit too.)  To our credit, the trainer only recommended four sessions for Lu (and Co.), so we excitedly commenced with training.

As you can imagine, it was both hilarious and enlightening, as we learned what pitfalls “we” had been encouraging, and also how to harness this dog’s ridiculous drive to please.  Even the trainer was impressed with how fast she learned (um, that girl likes her treats), and some of the new commands only took a day to teach.  

One of the things he explained to us was that when she would flop over and show us her belly mid-way through a lesson, it was her way of derailing instruction and focus by saying, “let’s just stop all of this noise this BECAUSE I LOOOOOOOOVE YOU.”

Hmmm, seems to me that someone else that I know uses this tactic.


No comments:

Post a Comment