This is mostly for the relatives who were requesting my recipe last week.For two servings: Buy an avocado. (It should give a little at the pointy end near the stem when you press on it.) Take it home, let it sit overnight, unrefrigerated. Cut it in half and take out the stone (hack with a knife and twist--bang knife on trashcan to dislodge).
Use a spoon and remove avocado flesh in one piece. Put both pieces hole-side-up in a shallow dish. Into each hole pour lemon juice until the hole is full. Sprinkle a pinch of salt in each and then fill with finely chopped onion. Smash everything with fork. Sprinkle with pepper. Voila! If you want more color add chopped tomato or sour cream or red pepper. I like mine super-zesty (not like that DAD) so I always add extra lemon juice and salt. A lot of people use lime, but I think that lemon is better.
Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment