Jack stayed home from school today because we both slept in. By the time we were up and dressed it was 10am and I figured that we were having such a nice morning, why not have a day off together? I had been working like crazy lately and had some comp-time to burn, and Jack, well, he is just rad to spend time with.This morning Jack and I are watching tv and eating waffles. The program was about Apollo 11 and the first world-wide television broadcast--of the lunar landing--which was sent out with the world's largest radio telescope in Australia. (I know, we are nerds.) Jack loooooves anything to do with rockets, spaceships, etc., so he was just as enthralled as I was. As they showed the launch, the pieces that kind of fall off as it leaves the atmosphere completely fascinated Jack. "What happens? Where do they go?" he asked. "Uh...they fall into the water," I told him, lamely.
Fast-forward 2 hours and we are in Target, walking around and looking at the "scary" Halloween stuff. Jack loves the skulls and witches, so we hung out in that department for a good 20 minutes. Meanwhile, he kept talking about the astronauts we had seen that morning, and their "spaceshit." He is unfortunately in a super-loud phase and asks a million questions a minute, so we're walking through the store and he's demanding: "Mommy! Where are the pieces? The spaceshit? The pieces of spaceshit fell down! Where did they go?" He was getting progressively louder as my (apparently insufficient) answers did not satisfy him. I finally got him off of the subject by racing to the outdoor section so he could peruse the "bikecicles." But definitely not before MANY people (I would estimate in the 100s) heard all about Jack's spaceshit.

No comments:
Post a Comment