Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hallelujah!

Today, after we FINALLY got out of our house after a random North Carolina blizzard (6 inches), we decided to go harass my mother. To make up for our obnoxious visit, we took her to dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. This is Jack's favorite restaurant. (He has a lot of favorites these days.) On the way home from dinner, I remarked that Jack was finally going to be back in school tomorrow, and I added a little hallelujah (the drama in our house is contagious). Jack loved the sound of this word. He tried his hardest to repeat me, but mostly sounded Hawaiian---"Hanehuyah." My Mom (who is notorious for singing random songs in an opera voice) started, of course, singing and Jack followed with his best falsetto. I almost drove off of the road laughing. Sometimes I think that my life needs permanent video surveillance.

Jack has also expressed a preference for music lately, which I find extremely interesting. I'm very eager to see what kind of taste he has. I've been playing The Killers latest album a lot lately and there is a song called "A Dustland Fairytale" that Jack loves. He's very into lyrics (I admire this in a man) and I suspect he loves particular song so much because he recognizes some of the words the line "I saw Cinderella in a party dress..." It's a pretty awesome song if you'd like to give it a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment