Friday, May 15, 2009

No, I am not Santa.

There is nothing like a burgeoning belly to make you feel isolated...at the top of your body. I can no longer see past my belly. Like a rocky swell before the looming mountain range, my chest is merely a small hill before the rounded peak of my tummy blocks any sight of my southern half. Presumably, this creates some problems...especially for shirts. I have stubbornly been wearing my Life Is Good wardrobe along with running shorts for the majority of this pregnancy. Well, unbeknownst to me, my belly has been peeking out of the bottom of my shirt. Who knows how long this has been occurring...not me---the me who is situated at the north pole of this planet of a body. So I will be purchasing some "cute" tent-like shirts soon. Or else falling back on my nudist whippet farm idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment