Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sorry Mom!

[My Mom loves to read this, so she will be immensely disappointed to hear that this post is about an incident that happened in her presence. So it is sooo yesterday.]

Much to my delight, I conned my father into my parents agreed to have Jack for a sleep-over this weekend. My dad explained on the phone that he would come and get Jack, except that my mom was grocery shopping and he was waiting for her to get home so that he could help her with the bazillions of groceries (bagged individually in plastic) that she was bringing home. I assured him that it would absolutely NOT be a problem to drop Jack off, along with his physical and verbal baggage.

We arrived and hung out for awhile, waiting for my mother's imminent return from shopping.  When she arrived, we all helped bring stuff in from her car (I helped by making remarks about the plastic bags, which she insisted that she needed for her dogs' poops), and once everything was inside, we informed her that Jack was staying.  "Yeah!" Jack added gleefully. 

"Jack, did you ask SuSu if you could spend the night?" I asked him, trying to start trouble.

He walked across the kitchen, looked up at her with a furrowed brow, and proclaimed in a deep, serious voice: "I....AM."

I guess that was the end of the story.

(PS. This house is blissfully quiet and I have gone over an hour without anyone asking me a question and having to reply, "NO!"  Heaven!)

No comments:

Post a Comment