Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bones, Sinking Like Stones

Dan was complaining the other night that Jack has no life skills.  And by "life skills," he meant the ability to swim or play soccer.  So we discussed signing Jack up for some swim lessons this summer.

"It's really important, I think," explained Dan.  "I had some traumatic pool experiences as a kid."

Having heard this story many times, I innocently replied, "Oh?"

"Yeah," he began, "I was at a party playing in the pool and I got in over my head and my Dad had to jump in in all of his clothes to save me."

"And you think that if Jack knows how to swim you'll feel better b/c you won't have to worry about jumping in to save him?" I asked.

"Oh, I knew how to swim." He reassured me.

I was bewildered.  "You knew how to swim?  Then why didn't you???"

"I PANICKED OK!?!"

Since this conversation took place, I have taken to reminding Dan, while he is performing a task, not to PANIC, much to my amusement and his irritation.  It never gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment