Dan and I belong to the "Y" that is approximately 4 miles from our house. It is an amazing place, for many reasons. The most important reason, in my eyes, is that every time I go there, something ridiculous happens. AND I AM NOT EXAGGERATING. (OK, maybe a little, just because I was there yesterday and the only thing that was out-of-the-ordinary was that the man who rides the upstairs spin bike for an hour in a lake of his own sweat--literally, the floor is a huge puddle that you have to avoid--wasn't wearing his usual uniform of bright orange shirt paired with yellow sweatpants.)
A few days ago I was there, and causing a huge ruckus at the check-in desk because I had recently gotten my membership card replaced because I had lost it, then I had found the lost one and lost the new one, and upon checking in had unknowingly tripped the someone-is-unchristianly-cheating-the-"Y" alarm. Luckily, I know pretty much everyone who works there. (Probably because they've all been warned about that lady who turns alarmingly pink when she exercises but is NOT in fact going to have a heart-attack/stroke...you think I'm joking but during the first month of our membership I swear they assigned a trainer to check on me periodically. He would come by and make me give him a thumbs up every 20 minutes.)
Anyway, as I was waiting for the whole lost-membership-card debacle to be straightened out, I saw an adorable friend of mine leaving on her way out.
We hugged and talked for a minute before she asked about Sydney and as I was laughing through some story about her, my cute friend asks: "Oh my gosh, so does she laugh just like you?"
(Aside: for my entire life, my very loud and distinctive laugh has set me apart from everyone else because it is very high-pitched and ridiculous and contagious. Think Julia Roberts meets Alvin the Chipmunk.)
"No!" I told her. "She actually laughs kind of like an evil scientist...who is on speed."
Friend paused.
"Lauren, I hate to break this to you, but that is TOTALLY what YOU sound like!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment