Friday, May 6, 2011

Televishon

So tonight as we finished our Friday evening pizza, we debated on what to watch on television after dinner. Dan voted for G.I. Joe. I voted for Spongebob Squarepants. Sydney voted for 10 more slices of pizza. Jack paused, and tapping his chin, says:

"You know, I'd really like to watch that program about the cowboy guy...you know, the one who is a good guy, and has the adventures."

Dan and I look at each other.

"Crocodile Dundee?" I ask.

"Uhh, no. I don't think that's who I'm talking about," says Jack.

"Well...does he ride a horse?" I ask.

"No. Actually this cowboy mostly rides airplanes. And he has that circle rope thingy."

"A lasso?!" I ask, excitedly.

"Uhh, no. I don't think that it's called a lasso. It's makes a noise. It's loud."

"Does he live on a farm?" Dan asks.

"Nooo, he works at a college."

My jaw falls open. I'm starting to wonder if this was one of his dreams.

"Is he a cartoon?" I'm rapid-firing here.

"No."

"Do you see him after a certain program here?"

"No...I think I've only seen him at Susu's house."

Dan and I are stumped.

(Aside: Anyone who knows me will tell you that my mind is not unlike the jaw of a locking-jaw dog. Once I hear a riddle, joke, problem, I cannot let it go. CANNOT.)

(Another aside: Apparently locking jaws are a myth! I did not know that they weren't legit. I've have actually had a pit bull clamp down on a toy and drag me around the yard like a deflated balloon on a string. So surprised. But anyway, learn something new, and around here usually also something gross, everyday.)

I'm throwing everything out there. He-Man. Quigley Down Under. Garth Brooks. No avail.

"I totally know who he's talking about." Dan announces after a few minutes.

I look at him voraciously.

He waits a beat, just to torture me.

"Is it Indiana Jones?" Dan asks.

"YES!" Jack and I scream in unison.

Friday night is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment