This fall our Stanley will turn 11. That's not too old in whippet years...their usual lifespan is between 13-16 years. Well, somewhere in Stanley's teeny brain an alarm was tripped that signaled that he must become a huge diva. Now, for the last nine years he has been a little on the demanding side for a dog, but then again, whippets are very skinny and have an extremely delicate idea of what they can do and ABSOLUTELY CANNOT DO. (Unfortunately for me, house-shitting falls into the can-do category...Dinah.)
Stanley has taken to sleeping in (IN MY BED) until 11am or until I make the bed (which yes, some days isn't until 11am). I literally have to kick/shame him out of my bed by pulling down the covers (oh yes, he sleeps under the covers) and talking to him like he is a surly teenager who does zero chores.
He slowly gets up, shakes, and jumps down to leave, but not without giving me a baleful look as he gets to the door...as if to communicate that I am the lamest mama ever, that all his other doggy-friend's mamas let them sleep in as late as they want. This look doesn't fool me because I know that he has no friends. He's too snooty for DOG friends. His best friends are me and my mother, who he has unfortunately alienated recently by taking an angry dump in her house b/c she dared to go to work all day and leave him alone with DOGS. He has attempted to fill this hole in his life with Jack, but Jack annoys him after awhile with the incessant foot-touching. (I know how that feels, and it is karmic retribution as I am also an incessant toucher. Also, I'm sorry Leslie.)
Stanley has taken to sleeping in (IN MY BED) until 11am or until I make the bed (which yes, some days isn't until 11am). I literally have to kick/shame him out of my bed by pulling down the covers (oh yes, he sleeps under the covers) and talking to him like he is a surly teenager who does zero chores.
He slowly gets up, shakes, and jumps down to leave, but not without giving me a baleful look as he gets to the door...as if to communicate that I am the lamest mama ever, that all his other doggy-friend's mamas let them sleep in as late as they want. This look doesn't fool me because I know that he has no friends. He's too snooty for DOG friends. His best friends are me and my mother, who he has unfortunately alienated recently by taking an angry dump in her house b/c she dared to go to work all day and leave him alone with DOGS. He has attempted to fill this hole in his life with Jack, but Jack annoys him after awhile with the incessant foot-touching. (I know how that feels, and it is karmic retribution as I am also an incessant toucher. Also, I'm sorry Leslie.)

No comments:
Post a Comment