(This is one of my more grumpily written lists.)
HOW I KNOW THAT I'M GETTING OLD... (or more "growned-up")
HOW I KNOW THAT I'M GETTING OLD... (or more "growned-up")
- I actually choose to eat soup (sometimes)
- I like watching birds and critters in my backyard, and may film them from time to time and then possibly force people to watch the videos
- My question for every ailment starts with "have you pooped today?"
- My solution for every ailment, short of first aid, is hot tea (as a base...)
- I know which foods will give me gas
- At times I actually catch myself trying to avoid those foods
- The heating pad that never gets unplugged near my bed (and that I take on vacation)
- I trim other people's nails on an unsolicited basis (although never a stranger's...yet)
- I no longer like candy (but I sure still do love cookies!)
- Dan and I have those, "What is the word that means, you know...it starts with an 'a'?" conversations more often. i.e.,
- "...that show that you like, you know 'Under the Boat'?"
- "...that place that is like...an Emergency Room-Lite, you know? WAIT, if you know don't tell me, I want to figure it out on my own."
- "...that baseball player who's nickname was about a meal...you know, like 'Big Dinner,' but not Trudy"
- "...that guy who is not Lou Ferrigno but looks like him and is also a wrestler"
- I always know what the weather prediction for the day is, and not only do I verbally broadcast it myself to people WHO HAVE NOT ASKED, I also check maybe more than once a day to see if I was indeed disseminating correct info. (I totally apologize when my weather report ends up being inaccurate.)
- Don't even get my started on lightning maps (future post)
- I laugh at myself instead of getting embarrassed (Oh, how I wish I could go back and teach younger-Lauren this trick...and it's not like she didn't have pllllllllenty of opportunities to practice. I would say that I can instead teach Sydney, but she pretty much taught me, so thanks, younger-Lauren, for having such a rad kid! You're welcome, CURRENT SELF WHO OVERSHARES!)

No comments:
Post a Comment