Tuesday, October 29, 2019

I Pledge...

To stooooooop experimenting with my essential oils when using the diffuser.  I'm mostly making this promise to myself, as I am the only one complaining about me doing this (so far).

Aside: Someone in this house often mistakenly calls them "sensual oils" and I'm not going to start correcting THAT.

So I came across several "recipes" for blending your essential oils in a way that complements a) your mood, b) THE OTHER OIL SMELLS, and therefor c) your mental well-being.  When I follow the rules (using my awesome essential oil sampler that I did NOT buy through an MLM distributor, but like a good lazy person: on Amazon) things seem to go well.  People comment positively about the pleasant (and sometimes sensual) smells.

Stuff goes awry, however, when I attempt to translate my awesome cooking skills into cooking up a batch of non-meth-smelling essential oil blends.  Flavors that SOUND like they would go together...do not.  I've made myself very nauseous a few too many times, and probably I'm wasting a lot of this oil.  Mostly my concoctions smell like industrial solvents or very bad tasting children's cough medicine.  I even start off with small amounts!  But invariably I end up putting more stuff in there than could feasibly mesh in any human nose, and it has to be immediately dumped out.  My too-much gene kicks in--I have to learn to control it around these highly erotic oils!

So I Pledge (I have also made this smell, both Lemon and Orange varieties...har har) to just STAHP and stick to my Pinterest recipes and not freelance any more with the oils.

Interestingly, I only keep the Lavender and Ylang Ylang in my room for THAT diffuser (yes, who DOESN'T HAVE TWO DIFFUSERS!?) and nothing seems to really go wrong up there with my limited ingredients.  Or maybe by the time I'm setting up the BEDTIME SMELLS, my too-much gene has already been exhausted and is no longer feeling overly sensual.  Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment