Monday, March 23, 2020

Nafghans

Amid this wonderful world pandemic, everyone has decided that the hottest commodity to hoard is TOILET PAPER.  I can't fathom why, as the Coronavirus does not induce uncontrollable pooping, but alas, this is the world we live in.

As we are setting the table for dinner, I mention to the family that we should probably use cloth napkins because (God forbid) we may have to resort to wiping with paper napkins if we can't get toilet paper anywhere.  So we used our cloth napkins, and I told everyone to just leave them on the table if they weren't super-dirty, and we could use them at our next meal.  This announcement was met by Sydney's usual dead-pan reaction when she thinks I'm being weird.

A few nights later we decided to go to my Mom's house for dinner so that no one would get murdered in this house.  I made a salad and an appetizer, and as I'm packing it up (as we are leaving), Sydney sarcastically asks, "Should we bring our napkins?"

It was not not a bad question.

No comments:

Post a Comment