Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Allow me to introduce myself...

Dan and I struggled with the name of our daughter. There were many names that we liked, but none that we loved; none that seemed worthy of the kind of person that this child was going to have to be to survive in this nuthouse. So as I lay in the delivery room, slowly feeling the effects of the most valuable potion in the world seep into my spine to relieve the pain of my contractions, I thought of Sydney. It seemed like a strong name, but still pretty; a name that would sound good on the cover of a book, on the badge of a journalist, on the door of a district attorney's office. It was just ambiguous enough to let her give unmet people no impression of gender, but rather a blank slate to unexpectedly fill with all of the charm and intelligence that she is sure to have as this child HAS ALREADY ROLLED OVER. I realize that every mother brims with pride over her children and their wonderful abilities, but this "baby" is insanely strong.

So now that she has been introduced, let me share some of her budding personality with you in the form of a list!

THINGS I LIKE:
  • EATING!
  • Making goat noises
  • PUNCHING!
  • KICKING!
  • Ceiling fans
  • EATING!
Things that I do NOT like:
  • baths
  • having my clothes changed
  • baths
  • waiting to eat
  • being hungry
  • not eating

No comments:

Post a Comment