OK so I am slow with the updates. Mostly because the time that my butt has been allowed to touch any sit-able surface these days is pretty much down to less than an hour per day. I knew that prematurely hopeful post a few weeks ago would karmic-ally ruin any possibility that this child, PLEASE LORD THIS ONE, would be nice! Yeah, that all went straight down the pooper. She has her evening fussies, just like Jack, from about 8pm to midnight. This girl likes to party.On the bright side, Life (yes, capital "L") is starting to resemble some sort of pattern, which always makes you feel better when things are super-chaotic. That is the worst part about infants...you can't rely on them to do anything but poop and eat and cry. None of those things are useful. Unless you're in a big fight with a neighbor. Then you can spray-paint their house yellow.
Sydney is growing increasingly heavy and hungry...girlfriend can eat! During the day she eats every 1-2 hours and can go up to 3 hours at night. She is finally settling herself to sleep (ish) in her co-sleeper which means that Dan and I are sleeping somewhat better. The problem is that this child makes the most ridiculous noises when she sleeps and dreams. It is like listening to a goat have sex with a pig. I don't know if you've ever attempted to sleep in a cross-species-breeding shed, but I can imagine how it would sound. Plus trying to relax and fall asleep during goat-pig relations is really hard. It is LOUD, and it makes you feel kind of dirty. Oink-naaay.
Jack is still hilarious as ever (thank God). He told me that if I kept making him eat all of his dinner that he would grow so big that he wouldn't fit through the door. I told him, no worries, we'll just move your bed into the garage. That shut him right up.

No comments:
Post a Comment