Last night at dinner, while Dan walked around with Porky-Pants, Jack and I ate tacos. He paused mid-bite to ask me, "Hey Mom? Can you give me a favor?"
Immediately curious, and amused by his grown-up parlance, I agreed instantly.
"Could you please shut that cabinet?" he asked, gesturing to the partially open kitchen cabinet that houses our dishes. I shut the cabinet for him, wondering if he was worried (like I was) that Dan would not see it and whack his head on it, or if he is just super-anal and it bothered him that everything wasn't JUST SO. It occurred to me that when everything is JUST SO, there are a lot fewer injuries in our house--a good excuse to give Dan when he groans about cleaning up the house. Thank you Jack, you little Type A.
Friday, November 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment