Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The cries, THE CRIES

We have settled in to parenting another being quite well, despite my increasing gray hairs.  They are multiplying faster than Dan's video-game collection.  But I digress...

Sydney the Giant has developed a sophisticated system of conveying her feelings non-verbally.  She has three distinct cries.  Allow me to elaborate in the form of a list!

  • Cry #1:  I'm very tired from not napping ALL DAY.  Please take pity on me and walk around carrying my huge body until I fall asleep.
  • Cry #2: (the most frequently heard cry) I'm starving!  This is not melodrama!  I am clearly dying of hunger! I am about to expire!!!  Put something, anything, in my mouth, pronto!
  • Cry #3: (mostly heard in the evening, and in the tone of Cruella DeVille) OK, I understand that you guys have forgotten EVERYTHING you know about being parents, but I clearly have an unidentified problem and you need to solve it...IMMEDIATELY!!!  YOU IDIOTS!!!!  YOU IMBECILES!!!  FIX ME!!!  I HATE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment