Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wha?

I totally forgot how STOOPID pregnancy makes you. Perhaps not everyone experiences this, or perhaps I am just so magnificently intelligent that....yeah, that's not it at all.

The good news is that it's not permanent: pregnancy hormones have been PROVEN to disrupt your normal neural pathways to make space for new parenting thought processes, and while I'm waiting for this child to arrive, my brain is pretty much devoid of anything I was supposed to remember, EVER. I just go to the grocery store every day now instead of once a week because it is physically impossible for me to get every item that I need in just one trip. I've also been to the library twice this week (and I still have an overdue book sitting here in front of me). I am complaining about all of this, because (on Earth day) I want you to know that one day, when we run out of fossil fuels, it will totally be all my fault. Because I forgot to stop driving places. You will find me in Milwaukee with a newborn because I forgot that I was pregnant and already had a home and family.

Also, what did you ask me again??

No comments:

Post a Comment