He is of Egyptian lineage, and has deep, deep brown eyes. His face is so beautiful that it almost looks like he is wearing makeup. He is one of those people that is always cold, even in the summer. He loves the beach, but not in the cheesy, Playboy centerfold-fake way; he genuinely loves it. He would camp out, eat fish, and live on the sand.
He is very introspective, but at the same time, a giver. He loves to sit in my recliner, but not in the reclined position. He is a very good listener, and is rarely the first person to break out of a hug. He has a rather large overbite, but it is charmingly attractive. He secretly longs to be a tap-dancer.
He eats like a pig but stays remarkably trim. He is a very fast runner, which is kind of how we met. He would always rather be on a golf course and thinks that cats are not to be trusted. He loves babies and sneaks bites of their food when he thinks that I am not looking.
He respects my space and will only sleep in my bed if invited. He will always want you to turn on the fire, and will never talk you out of baking anything. He likes to play games, but only with certain people (me, or course, being #1 on that list...did I mention how smart he is?).
My love is patient, kind, giving, and smells soft and musky and never unpleasant. Sometimes he could use a rinse of mouthwash, but I would never hold that against him. He will try any food once. He hates to see me cry, and tends to worry if I am in the bathroom for too long.
Sometimes he talks in his sleep, and I do not begrudge being woken up to that. He would take a bullet for me, and has told me this many times. He does not like loud music, or football games, but will let me put my feet on him when they are chilly and need to be toasted.
He is quietly poetic, endlessly faithful, and has been a big inspiration of mine for the past nine wonderful years. Plus he also loves, loves, loves to annoy Scott B. which is also one of MY very favorite pastimes. For these reasons, and oh so many others, this love of mine will never die, as long as I have him near me. And I love him.

Stanley Doo

No comments:
Post a Comment