Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ready...Set...Go?

Sydney is teetering on the edge of mobility. She is about ready to burst from her easy-to-manage, chubby chrysalis into a blurry, moving mess. I can feel it in my bones. My aching bones.


Photobucket
Wave that flag!



She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks...I've never seen a baby do this in person, only on America's Funniest Home Videos. Then she will straighten her knees and move into a rather impressive pike position like she's doing yoga. Then she slides back down to her belly and checks to see who was watching this maneuver. Sometimes she does this in rapid succession which makes it look like a very plump inchworm is backing it's way across our family room. Jack finds this to be hilarious.

I told him, "Keep laughing buddy, she's going to make a bee-line for your most prized possessions as soon as she gets that little rump in a forward gear."

"Mama, you're crazy!" he screams.

(This may be true.)

No comments:

Post a Comment