- When we would hold hands, and you would pull yours away far enough to tickle my palm with your thumb.
- Letting us watch Victor Victoria ad nauseum.
- 31 Birthday cakes: shaped like tic-tac-toe boards, with licorice and icing balloons, and probably at least 13 plain white ones made with egg whites only, with white frosting.
- Letting me drive to the Olney Shopper's Food Warehouse in your fast car, on my learner's permit, through all of the road-work, clutching the Jesus-strap the entire way.
- Letting me watch MTV while you ironed. (Now that I have to iron, there is no way I'd let someone else choose the programming while I perform that chore.)
- Lifting me out into the backyard through the kitchen window in my bright pink turtleneck.
- Not getting mad at me when you came home early from a Jimmy Buffet concert to find me and my boyfriend making out in my bed; instead you simply said, "Get him out of here before your father sees."
- After a fight, driving me around so we could talk it out, and not going home until we were both happy again.
- Telling me, "I hope that you have a daughter that is just like you," and meaning it for the good reasons.
- Teaching me to swim.
- My wonderful wedding (especially the part when you covered Scott B. in sparkles).
- Making fence-tents in the backyard with old tablecloths.
- The singing and dancing, all of the time, which I've never stopped doing.
Monday, July 12, 2010
I don't feel the same when I am away from your smile...
Happy Birthday woman, and thank you for the following fond memories of my childhood:
If anyone wants to know where my heart is, tell everyone that it's wrapped around yours. (Song for Susan; Nash, Graham)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment