Thursday, September 24, 2009

The fetus who cried wolf...

Sooooo I've started to go into labor three times now. The first time was exciting, and then it stopped after a few hours. It prompted me to pack a bag for the hospital and shave my legs. The second time, a week later, it felt more real, and I actually started telling my "emergency people" to be on red alert. Then....nothing. This last time it felt ALARMINGLY REAL and I actually sent Jack to my Mom's in anticipation of checking into the hospital in the middle of the night. But no dice. It's like my uterus is an old engine that just won't turn over. Or else my daughter is in there going, "SIKE!" like some obnoxious neon-clad 80's version of myself.

I've tried painting my toes different colors thinking that maybe my daughter is holding out for a cuter mom. I've tried lunges, spicy food, you name it. My issue now is that when I actually do go into REAL labor I am not even going to know because I am so used to having contractions that I will be that woman who has her baby in the bathtub. I guess I had better buy some Scrubbing Bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment