So Dan has migrated home to help build the nest and stay to raise his second child. No more travelling to VA on a weekly basis for work. Needless to say, we're all extremely happy about this (in theory). I'm sure that once he's been home for weeks on end things will "come up," but for now we are all very excited to be together for good.
One big adjustment will be for Jack to learn how to manipulate another parent. When Dan was only home for the weekends, we all basked in the glow of finally being together again and got along great. But now that Daddy is here to stay, Jack is going to find that the stuff he uses to charm me is not going to work so well on his father. Namely, his smart-assed comments.
Jack was using the bathroom (a common theme?) in my bedroom as I supervised from my bed (another theme?). I called in to him to stop turning the fan on and off, and his response was: "You zip it up Mommy!" Well, Dan was walking into the room at that moment and heard, and quickly assured Jack, "You keep talking to your mother like that and you'll be in big trouble!" to which Jack replied, without missing a beat, "You zip it up too!"
I laughed.
Dan did not.
I foresee a lot of neck-squeezing in Jack's future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

In your 'About Me' section...you list your husband AFTER your son and your dogs. What's up with that!?!
ReplyDeleteYour marriage/husband comes first, then your children and dogs and everything else.