So this morning Dan noticed, while Jack was watching his usual morning cartoon, Special Agent Oso, that the characters were playing hopscotch. But it was legitimate hopscotch, so we at least know now where Jack learned the word.
On another note I am preparing for my last day with only one child tomorrow. I don't feel particularly sad that Jack will no longer be the only kid, but I do feel sad for everyone who will have to deal with me on limited sleep. I know that EVERYONE is affected when they have a severe lack of sleep, but by far out of all of the things that could possibly affect someone's attitude, sleep is the predominant factor for me. I can put up with LOTS, but only if I get rest in-between.
That being said, there are lots of things that I will not miss about being pregnant! So many people have said, "rest before the baby comes!" and that is so ironic b/c I have had SO much trouble with sleeping this pregnancy. I will not miss being pummeled from the inside, peeing 800 times a day, being constantly hungry while at the same time impossibly nauseated, or the constant sweating, burping and pain. I will not miss throwing up in public like a drunk hobo or the constipation and headaches. I will not miss the crying jags or feeling helpless and incapacitated.
That's not to say that there weren't ANY good things. I will always love how silky and thick my hair became, how my skin never broke out and that all of the pants that I could wear had stretchy waists. I love how pregnancy makes you an amazing floater in the pool/ocean. I'm really lucky that I never swelled or had health issues...in fact I was disgustingly healthy despite all of my discomfort (and eating whatever I wanted). I even like seeing the doctor frequently and feeling like a science project--it is amazing to see yourself grow something and change each day with life. I was blessed to carry everything out front and not look like a huge lard ass, but just a regular pregnant lady. I also kind of like that pregnancy (for some reason) makes me feel like I can blurt out exactly what I think as opposed to my usual more thoughtful self. It's all a trade-off, and I realize that through all of my bitching, 10 months of complaints is a small price to pay for something so amazing and fulfilling and totally worthwhile.
I just wanted to get all of this on the record in case I ever have the urge to have a third child--I can come back and read this and get the HUGE REALITY CHECK that is my body with child. Oh, and don't forget that you had contractions for ONE MONTH STRAIGHT.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment