Sunday, September 6, 2009

We Are Family

I constantly find myself saying, "he gets that from me," in a proud manner, or, on the other hand, "ARRRGH! YOU'RE JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER!" As much as Jack has inherited his parents' combined ridiculousness, he does manage to come up with a lot of weird crap on his own.

We were at my Mom's house last week and apparently Jack needed to use the bathroom while playing upstairs with my Mom. Well, that toilet had been recently plunged (and not because of ME) so there were still some floaty bits of toilet paper swirling around, obfuscating the water in the bowl. Jack was immediately offended and refused to pee in it. So I watched incredulously as the two of them marched passed me (I was in the recliner downstairs, where a pregnant woman should be) with the bucket of toilet cleaning supplies.

"What are you DOING?" I asked them.
"We're cleaning - the toilet!" sung Jack. My Mom just smiled.

So upstairs they went where Jack industriously scrubbed the bowl with the toilet wand and flushed away the offensive debris and (finally) peed happily in his pristine john.

WHO WANTS TO MARRY THIS MAN? I'm taking names.

No comments:

Post a Comment